The Château d'Oricourt is a medieval castle erected in the middle of the 12th century. It is a concentric castle with a double enceinte, dominated by two 25-metre-tall square towers.
The outer wall enclosed a farm, while the inner wall served as a residential courtyard. Within the latter are various buildings from the 12th and 15th centuries, including the well, a cistern, bakery, cellars and a grand dining room.
Although it is in a state of dereliction, it is the best-preserved medieval castle in Franche-Comté.
In the 15th century, Oricourt was owned by Nicolas Rolin (1376–1462), the influential chancellor to Philip the Good at the court of Burgundy. Rolin's famous potrait by Jan van Eyck can be seen at the Louvre.
Opening Hours & Admission
Oricourt Castle is open daily (except Tuesdays) between 1st March and 15th November from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. Guided tours (90 min) are held on Sundays or upon reservation.
Admission is 4 € for adults (5 € with guided tour) and 3 € for children from 6 to 12 years old. It is free under 6 years old.
View Larger Map