Was Columbus of royal Polish descent?

Having read Manuel Rosa's book, which was just named BEST HISTORY BOOK of 2016 by Huffington Post,

Could you post the link to the Huffington Post's Best History Book of 2016?

The truth is costantly falsified, even by Manuel Rosa himself?

Manuel Rosa claims in his own website that his book has won "Best History Book of The Year 2016 - Huffington Post".
But is it true?

https://columbusbook.blogspot.it/2016/12/best-history-book-of-year-2016.html?m=0

There is only one blog where Manuel Rosa's book has been cited, the IndieReader's blog hosted by the Huffington Post, but this blog does not reflect the opinion of the Huffington Post's editorial board, and IndieReader is quite distinct from Huffington Post.

The Best Self-Published Books of 2016 by IndieReader

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/indiereader/the-best-self-published-b_b_13512048.html

So, stating that Manuel Rosa's book was named Best History Book of 2016 by Huffington Post, it's quite incorrect and misleading.

Huffington Post

NON-FICTION - HISTORY Best Book of The Year 2016 -

COLUMBUS—THE UNTOLD STORYBy Manuel Rosa
The Best of 2016

25 years of research has pieced together a stunning array of artifacts and data, from one end of Europe to another, from Asia, Africa and the Americas: a chapel ruin, a ceiling mural in a private palace, DNA test results, an impressive diversity of documents, keenly analyzed . . . and a sword, unearthed by a Bulgarian peasant, that found its way to a museum in Saint Petersburg.
The study and comparison of carefully censored State archives also helped explain Columbus’ life -- hitherto enshrouded in the deceitful machinations of power politics, false identities, and false discoveries in the Age of Exploration. Myth has at last been separated from fact, exposing what actually transpired. Being extremely fond of writing memoirs, journals and letters, the man known as Columbus left a great deal of this overwhelming proof himself. Now, 523 years later, his writings assisted in his own undoing. Many other clues -- meant to be deciphered generations later, when the need for secrecy had passed -- have been painstakingly gathered and analyzed. Some were cryptically displayed in the details of portraiture and esoteric writings, others in the most obvious features of one of the greatest works of Spanish Baroque drama, on heraldry, on a gravestone, via signatures and pseudonyms. What emerges is the picture of a consummate and cunning double-agent, with a bold and grandiose agenda. Enter this 500-year-old labyrinth and discover the unimaginable: a medieval conspiracy so audacious, so massive, and so well executed that it fooled the world for half a millennium.

I am fascinated by your book! It is the most thoroughly researched book on the topic
of the man the world knows as "Christopher Columbus" that I have ever read.
Robert Bilicki

www . 1492 . us . com

youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJyr3EOLZI

[h=3]Columbus of royal Polish descent? It sounds new.[/h]

I believe that he was an italian. But i think that there is nothing strange if one day scholars decide that he was an Spaniard or an Portuguese.

There is something funny. This surname Dissipates, is the surname of an Albanian medieval family from South. They are mentioned in medieval chronicles as Dysipati or Disipaties. They are considered to be the ancestors of the famous Shpata family. Yetos know very well who are Shpata family.
But i want to make clear(because troolls are always waiting in ambush), that i am not claiming any Albanian ancestry for this famous sailor.

Δις Υπατος = Δισυπατος = twice supreme consul = ultimate high rank in the court.

Emperor's council or Senate -highest counsil titles
Δισυπατος
Υπατος
Πρωτανθυπατος
Ανθυπατος

in Latin Ypatos is like ''altum consule''

οκ many family names keep as characteristic a title given to an ancestor

Last edited:
Δις Υπατος = Δισυπατος = twice supreme consul = ultimate high rank in the court.

Emperor's council or Senate -highest counsil titles
Δισυπατος
Υπατος
Πρωτανθυπατος
Ανθυπατος

in Latin Ypatos is like ''altum consule''

now many family names keep as characteristic a title given to an ancestor

Kostas Giakoumis, a greek scholar is the autor of this study:
Fourteenth-century Albanian migration and the ?relative autochthony? of the Albanians in Epeiros. The case of Gjirokaster - ResearchGate
... and the second is letters of the Metropolitan of Naupaktos John Apokaukos to a certain George Dysipati, who was considered to be an ancestor of the famous Shpata family.(21) Furthermore, I suggest that names that appear in two acts of the Angevins of Naples dated 1304 (22) using the forms, Albos, Spatos, Catarucos, Bischesini, Aranitos, Lecenis, Turbaceos, Marchaseos, Scuras, Zeneuias, Bucceseos, Logoresc and Mateseos are either well-known, less-known or totally unknown names of Albanian clan leaders at that time.

(20.) G. Tafel - G. Tomas (1856), 122.
(21). N. Bees - E. Seferli, 'Unedierte Schriftstiicke aus der Kanzlei des Johannes
Apokaukos', BN] 21 (1974), doc. 62. For views on this name as being ancestral to
the name 'Shpata', see P. Xhufi (1994), 47 and note 132.
(22). L. Thalloczy - K. Jirecek - M. Sufflay (1913), 166a, doc. 563 and 167-168,
doc. 569.

In standard Albanian dy=two. In dialect forms, North, South, is also used di and not dy.
In Albanian the words sword and ax are very similar.
Shpatë = sword
Sëpatë = ax.
So the surname could be translated in English Two swords or Two axes.

Sorry for the of-topic.

High counsil titles,

Ύπατος και Δισύπατος (Τιμητικός τίτλος Συγκλητικών),
Ανθύπατος και Πρωτανθύπατος (Τιμητικός τίτλος Συγκλητικών),
Σπαθάριος και Πρωτοσπαθάριος (Τίτλος αποδιδόμενος στους μεγαλύτερους ιδιοκτήτες που υπηρετούσαν ως αξιωματικοί),
Κονσουλάριος (Σύμβουλος),
Οφικιάλιος (Αξιωματούχος),
Ποτεστάστος (Εξουσιοδοτημένος αξιωματούχος, εξουσιαστής, κυβερνήτης [potestas = δύναμη])
Χωροδεσπότης (Άρχοντας που εξουσιάζει μια περιοχή, φεουδάρχης).

anyway ΔισΥπατος was the title of George the Greek,
his family name was Palaiologos, so any chance with a family name Dysipati is exluded,
but both Spatos and Dysipatos sounds Byzantine titles to me, with Greek meaning

about Disypatos family name comes from late 9th century at Thessaloniki and Con/Polis as written at Kletorologion by Philotheos
by the seals that have been found Disypatos family Monks Bishops and Protospatharioi oρ spatharokandidatos, (πρωτοΣπαθαριοι and Σπαθαρο-candidates)

the first Disypatos Family name known with seal
is Θεοδωρος ο Στουδιτης Theodore the Studite from Con/polis who moved to Thessaloniki and the most famous 2 are Μανουηλ Οψαρας Δισυπατος and Gregorios Palamas or David Disypatos who also had ancestry from the Metochites of Strumnista (Kossovo e Metochia = Metohites)
Disypatos Family turn against Laskaris for the thrown of Con/polis,

that 404 years before Naples of Giakoumis, even Before Maniakis and his revolt

you want me to believe Giakoumis of 2000 or Philotheos of 900?

with all the respect, and the effort to stay gentle, due to our older argues,

Disypatos was a title of the Byzantines,
some family surnames keep the title given to one of their ancestors,
like ταγματαρχης major, καπετανιος captain, etc
it does not come Albanian Du sepate, but from Greek δις + Υπατος
now if Dysipati is an Albanian family name mention at 1300 around and Naples,
as Giakoumis claim, and the connection with Byzantine nobilty of Disypatos family, I really do not know
BUT remember that Albanians were also Romans of the East Roman empire,
I believe I made my myshelf and my believes clear,

Last edited:
Possibly so. One thing for sure he was not a peasant weaver from Genoa.
The 2 top theories are this

On the contrary, that remains the theory with the greatest consensus to this day.
The genoan theory makes nosense at all and it has been debunked already by manuel rosa. Both theories attribute colombus being a double agent. The difterence is the origin and background of cristovao colon

The genoan theory makes nosense at all and it has been debunked already by manuel rosa. Both theories attribute colombus being a double agent. The difterence is the origin and background of cristovao colon

Manuel da Silva Rosa is an amateur scholar, an American of Portuguese origin. Manuel da Silva Rosa, like some migrants to the New World, is (not by chance) interested in rewriting the history of Columbus who allegedly 'discovered' the New World to which he emigrated (as it happens, his theory is that Columbus was of Portuguese origin like himself). Classic case of those who want to ennoble the history of their nation of origin, because of the inferiority complexes that sometimes affect people forced to migrate to different cultural contexts.

Coming to you, however, why do you use the flag of Pakistan if you are apparently also a Portuguese who migrated in northern America?

Stop t-rolling, whoever you are. Columbus was not of Polish descent. PERIOD.

Manuel da Silva Rosa is an amateur scholar, an American of Portuguese origin. Manuel da Silva Rosa, like some migrants to the New World, is (not by chance) interested in rewriting the history of Columbus who allegedly 'discovered' the New World to which he emigrated (as it happens, his theory is that Columbus was of Portuguese origin like himself). Classic case of those who want to ennoble the history of their nation of origin, because of the inferiority complexes that sometimes affect people forced to migrate to different cultural contexts.

Coming to you, however, why do you use the flag of Pakistan if you are apparently also a Portuguese who migrated in northern America?
No. Colombus could have been anything but genoan, because he was a poor weaver, he would not be able to marry a portuguese noble woman in the order of santiago. He would have had to get aproval from king john of portugal to marry his wife, and he married her in portugal before he set sail. Plus he never wrote in italiam or genoan. He was given the title Don before he was set to go out to sail. So he was not a poor weaver from genoan that was bankrupt. To be given the title of Don, you had to be of noble blood. Its not a matter of being biased. He just wasn't genoan or italian. He gave plenty of sufficient evidence.maybe he was not portuguese. Maybe he was not polish, but he certainly wasn't italian. Because he never wrote in an italic lanuage in all his letters. And he never wrote his name as colombo.

Columbus not Italian after all...
Seems Portuguese university just sanctioned the PhD Dissertation proving via documents that Columbus was not Italian!!!
"CRISTOFORO COLOMBO versus CRISTÓBAL COLÓN Cristoforo Colombo, the weaver from Genoa, was not Don Cristóbal Colón, the navigator from Iberia"

You can read it under Acdemia.edu

do we now re-write the history books?

This thread has been viewed 27835 times.

Back