Debate Q1: If you were to die tomorrow, would you (honestly) be able to say that you would die happy?

@Mad Pierrot: You have a very romantic idea of death. It reminds of the Stranger who wanted his execution ground to be populous and clamorous, with lots of sunlight, dust, and commotion.

The way I figure, everyones dies, so why not make your death worthwhile? (I was just being a goofy about the bus and the dogs thing.)

Here's a question I'm dying to ask:

What would you die for?
 
Although I am fascinated with the idea of a glamourous, glorious death for a grandiose, gargangtuan cause, sadly such do not exist for the majority of which I am one.

How about in a big explosion where shrapnel pierce thru the flesh and bones shredding it to pieces, where a great ball of fire burning and evaporating all traces of me into thin air...for the advancement of science ?

Anyway I think I will probably die of something very insignificant like a bee sting, or picking up a glittering piece of rock, or choking on my new year's mochi, or something to that effect will quite fit my humble existence. Just not in bed, I pray!! Disappointed ? What is your idea of a worthy cause ? :p
 
If I was to die tomorrow I'd probably sit down and feel relief at not having to worry anymore about all my unanswerable questions, regrets, mistakes, or apprehensions. I'd be excited about finding out what happens after death. The only sad thing would be leaving behind the people I love and care for.
 
For what would I die, mp?

I would die for my buddies...in combat, they are the only thing worth the risk of your life. Larger issues, like causes and one's country become submerged in the day-to-day grind of survival. You may kill for hate--you hate what you fear, and the other people in a war inspire your fear if not your respect--but you die only for love.

No love is greater than that you have for your buddies or your partner. In combat and on the street, these are relationships closer than between spouses much of the time.

So, mp, that is for what I would die.
 
mad pierrot said:
What would you die for?
myself...that may not make sense, but it does to me.

and as for how i would die...in a way where my loved ones would either be proud or wouldn't know i'd died.
the first part of that statement may contradict with the opening comment of this post...but like is full of contradictions.
 
Originally Posted by mad pierrot
What would you die for?

A. de Saint Exupery once said: one should die only for those things that inspire him to live (quite free citation)

i do agree with him
 
smoke said:
"If you were to die tomorrow, would you (honestly) be able to say that you would die happy?"

NO nO NO NOOO! I haven't visited a Love Hotel yet! Don't let me die before I get to go to a Love Hotel!!!! *cries*
 
isayhello said:
NO nO NO NOOO! I haven't visited a Love Hotel yet! Don't let me die before I get to go to a Love Hotel!!!! *cries*
i've never visted one either....Hmmmm :winklove:
 
isayhello said:
NO nO NO NOOO! I haven't visited a Love Hotel yet! Don't let me die before I get to go to a Love Hotel!!!! *cries*

Sex, the carnal, savage, physical act is that important to you isn't it? Sheesh!

Doc:ramen::happy:
 
smoke said:
i've never visted one either....Hmmmm :winklove:

^_____________________________^ :lol:

Doc said:
Sex, the carnal, savage, physical act is that important to you isn't it? Sheesh!

*blinks* I just said I wanted to visit a Love Hotel... I just wanna see it... XD

Anyways, did ANYONE say they would die happy, if they were to die right now? I don't think anyone feels "finished" with life, no matter age or what they have achieved... :?
 
isayhello said:
*blinks* I just said I wanted to visit a Love Hotel... I just wanna see it... XD

Anyways, did ANYONE say they would die happy, if they were to die right now? I don't think anyone feels "finished" with life, no matter age or what they have achieved... :?

No not at all. I still have a lot of accomplish before I ever feel happy with my life.

Doc:ramen::happy:

PS You know you're in it for the sex for the love hotel just admit it! :smug:
 
Doc said:
PS You know you're in it for the sex for the love hotel just admit it! :smug:
:lol: NEVER! I'm interested in architecture - that's all... *innocent*

No one should feel finished with their lives... that's sad. You should want to go on living for a long looong time and want to achieve many things. People saying they are ready to die this very moment are....(strange?)
I can't understand that! :?
 
"If you were to die tomorrow, would you (honestly) be able to say that you would die happy?"

Hell no. Dying sucks, whats to be happy about? I think people have an untowards reverance towards their own inevitable demise just so that they don't go insane realizing that their time on this planet is finite.

As far as I'm concerned, there will never be enough things to acomplish, experience or learn that will make me happy to ship off this mortal coil ><

Death - public enemy #1
 
Statistically - I'm nearer to this than most of you !

What a horrible thought !

Generally, I echo the thoughts and statements of 'Shooter 452' and Frank (although, I'm happy to say that I've never been in a gunfight! - there was an incident once involving a knife though, if I recall !)

I think I would die happy - provided that I don't leave an awful mess (physical, legal or economical, take your pick...) for my survivors to clear up !

Sadly - I'm terribly disorganized ... so ....

Regards,

?W????
 
Sensuikan San said:
Statistically - I'm nearer to this than most of you !

What a horrible thought !

Generally, I echo the thoughts and statements of 'Shooter 452' and Frank (although, I'm happy to say that I've never been in a gunfight! - there was an incident once involving a knife though, if I recall !)

I think I would die happy - provided that I don't leave an awful mess (physical, legal or economical, take your pick...) for my survivors to clear up !

Sadly - I'm terribly disorganized ... so ....

Regards,

?W????
I think i'd like to leave a terrible mess...mostly financially...let them all curse my name, i'd be dead, why would i care!?
admitedly...i don't know if i my concious would let me do that...if i had no ties (ie: no family) then yeah sure...let the state pay off my debt...there's nothing like getting one over on the credit card companies...i'd max out as many cards as possible.
 
isayhello said:
:lol: NEVER! I'm interested in architecture - that's all... *innocent*
yes i love 'architecture' too........
 
isayhello said:
:lol: NEVER! I'm interested in architecture - that's all... *innocent*

Yeah right and I'm the Pope. :eek:kashii: Why can't women just admit it when they're in it for the sex? :eek:kashii:

Doc:ramen::happy:
 
smoke said:
I think i'd like to leave a terrible mess...mostly financially...let them all curse my name, i'd be dead, why would i care!?
admitedly...i don't know if i my concious would let me do that...if i had no ties (ie: no family) then yeah sure...let the state pay off my debt...there's nothing like getting one over on the credit card companies...i'd max out as many cards as possible.

If I had no family ... then, I'd agree with you ...! **** 'em all ! :cheer:

Regards,

?W????
 
Frank D. White said:
it would depend on who I was making mad passionate love to when I passed away!

Frank

:blush:

Heh! Not to make light of such a topic, but that reminds me of a line from a Richard Pryor routine about coming and going at the same time!
:D :D :D :D
 

This thread has been viewed 17743 times.

Back
Top