2004 U.S. Elections

sabro said:
Question for Mikecash: What state do you vote in? I just want to know in case I have to vote twice. : )

:D :D

sabro said:
Question for Mikecash: What state do you vote in? I just want to know in case I have to vote twice. : )

I would tell you, but even modest powers of observation will clearly reveal the answer to you.

mikecash said:
I would tell you, but even modest powers of observation will clearly reveal the answer to you.

Mmmm Jack Daniels Whiskey...

Satori said:
Me too. And we're apparently not the only ones, since people are coming from all around the world to make sure our election this year is carried out fairly. :)
yes, it's a very strong delegation, very important one by UN standards.
well, this is strange, because i thought this U.N. "procedure" was only available for under-developped countries or where democracy and liberty did not exist ?
i think it is a shame for such a country like th US to be the subject of so much close watch ! and you owe it all to bush and familly ! i think it's unreal that he can be on the (re)election list again.

byp said:
yes, it's a very strong delegation, very important one by UN standards.
well, this is strange, because i thought this U.N. "procedure" was only available for under-developped countries or where democracy and liberty did not exist ?
i think it is a shame for such a country like th US to be the subject of so much close watch ! and you owe it all to bush and familly ! i think it's unreal that he can be on the (re)election list again.

I couldn't agree more! :)

Mike- It wouldn't do me much good to vote in Tenn.:

Tennessee
American Research Group. Sept. 16-18, 2004. N=600 likely voters. (MoE ? 4):
Bush 50%
Kerry 43%
Nader 1%
Other 1%
Unsure 5%

I guess I just have to vote in CA where Bush is behind by double digits.

Actually, the debate has turned this back into a real race. latimes.com has a great interactive electoral vote map. (Bush is winning, but Kerry may have momentum.)

There's a great editorial by John Eisenhower on why he supports Kerry even though he's a lifelong Republican from a Republican family. When I find the link, I will forward it.

sabro said:
Actually, the debate has turned this back into a real race. latimes.com has a great interactive electoral vote map. (Bush is winning, but Kerry may have momentum.)
There's a great editorial by John Eisenhower on why he supports Kerry even though he's a lifelong Republican from a Republican family. When I find the link, I will forward it.
here is your address :

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/2004/

but you have to register.
a few questions, it's easy, dont even have to give your real name and or address if you live outside us.

and it seems to be free...

Kerry just wasn't a strong candidate. Those that voted for him and not part of the dem base were basically ABB. There are still a bunch of progressives that don't believe in the 2 party system or the ideology of the dem party. Because of this, the vote agianst Bush was sapped. The GOP is very diciplined it getting their base out there. They had a simple message: God, Gays and Guns. It seemed that the Dems were not able to gel their message together or convince a lot of the niche issue members into joining. That being said, the arguments against the Bush administration are out there in all the media formats but the voters continue their loyalty and voted GOP.

You know what? Why the heck can't we use ATM technology? I mean think about it, ATMs are in use all over the world in one form or another, doing monetary transactions many, many times a day. With all those transactins, it is rare that they mess up, right? You want x amount, it gives you what you request. AND it gives you a paper recipt that is hardly ever contradictory to your electronic transaction! There apparently is a secure line between the ATMs and some central server; that server is secure (for the most part) - What the heck is wrong with adoptiing this system? Why re-invent the wheel with paperless voting machines? i swear, sometimes I think that we relish getting things as complicated as possible because we are masochists!

mikecash said:
Don't fret, Lina. The Democrats make up the difference by following their motto "vote early, vote often".

Why do I get the impression that people outside the US think that only the Republicans are ever accused of (or guilty of) election irregularities?

I am reminded of a song by The Dick Mango Trio:

Who can take a ballot
Change the vote to Gore
Just like in Chicago when they needed a few more

The Democrats can
The Democrats can

This thread has been viewed 2629 times.

Back