Let's talk about the election results : OFFTOPIC with (Ala)BamaFan

Duo

Southern Sun
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
BamaFan2989 said:
You tell me I am because I care about gays/lesbians and I want to try to make it as hard as possible for them to get married, because I want them to hear the Gospel of Christ. If you don't believe, that is your problem. But like Charles Spurgeon said "If sinners be dammed, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one GO there UNWARNED and UNPRAYED for." Hell is a reality. You though wouldn't know about that right?

Abortion no abortion, gay marriage no gay marriage, you heard Bush and Kerry (omg please don't say the lesser of the two evils, that just shows how stupid someone is, because we are not unified!) we need to be unified! I don't care if they both sucked, or didn't at all, but we have to compromise.

:D :D :D

Where did you come out from :?

First we had the muslims trying to preach to us, now u come along,

just great *sigh :souka:

Who are you to stop gay ppl from getting married? Who gives you the right ?
If you beleive in your religion then practice it yourself and with your family members, don't force your values upon other ppl that don't share them. A gov that forces values on ppl is close to being a tyrant. Imagine if the talbe was turned and ppl were wanting to get rid of religion because they beleive in teh value of secularlism. How would u feel about the gov trying to tell you how to lead your life and what to beleive ? George Bush says he wants the governemnt off the back othe American ppl, yet he proposed a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. Lets not forget the Patriot Acts, Damm CLEAR BLATANT HYPOCRACY. I thought America was the one place where ppl were free to be who they wanted, beleive in what they wanted, and pursue their happiness. Ppl from all around the world escaped to the US to enjoy such freedoms, and now you want to step on the foundations of your country. Just sad, I feel so bad for the rest of the Americans who have the sad reality of dealing withs new neo-conservative movement that is giving a huge black stain on America.

Duo said:
:D :D :D

Where did you come out from :?

First we had the muslims trying to preach to us, now u come along,

just great *sigh :souka:

Who are you to stop gay ppl from getting married? Who gives you the right ?
If you beleive in your religion then practice it yourself and with your family members, don't force your values upon other ppl that don't share them. A gov that forces values on ppl is close to being a tyrant. Imagine if the talbe was turned and ppl were wanting to get rid of religion because they beleive in teh value of secularlism. How would u feel about the gov trying to tell you how to lead your life and what to beleive ? George Bush says he wants the governemnt off the back othe American ppl, yet he proposed a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. Lets not forget the Patriot Acts, Damm CLEAR BLATANT HYPOCRACY. I thought America was the one place where ppl were free to be who they wanted, beleive in what they wanted, and pursue their happiness. Ppl from all around the world escaped to the US to enjoy such freedoms, and now you want to step on the foundations of your country. Just sad, I feel so bad for the rest of the Americans who have the sad reality of dealing withs new neo-conservative movement that is giving a huge black stain on America.

First of all, I have been in this thread for awhile, read the past posts. Also, WHY CAN"T STUPID AMERICANS LIKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE! I DON'T FORCE MY VALUES AND OPINIONS. That is just retarded if you ask me. IF YOU DON'T LIKE EITHER CANDIDATE DON'T FRIGGIN VOTE! OR RUN FOR PRESIDENT! BUT MOST IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL NOT GET A VOTE! SO YOU CAN'T WIN BY THE POPULAR OR THE STUPID ELECTORAL!!!! You side with one pres. because you like their beliefs! OMGOSH I VOTED FOR BUSH, BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE GAY MARRIAGE. Oh my gosh, brb, the FBI just busted through my windows cause they saw me typing this. Why don't people leave the US if they don't like it? Don't take what you have got and abuse it.

Ooooookay....let's tone it down with the caps... :wave:

BamaFan2989 said:
First of all, I have been in this thread for awhile, read the past posts. Also, WHY CAN"T STUPID AMERICANS LIKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE! I DON'T FORCE MY VALUES AND OPINIONS. That is just retarded if you ask me. IF YOU DON'T LIKE EITHER CANDIDATE DON'T FRIGGIN VOTE! OR RUN FOR PRESIDENT! BUT MOST IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL NOT GET A VOTE! SO YOU CAN'T WIN BY THE POPULAR OR THE STUPID ELECTORAL!!!! You side with one pres. because you like their beliefs! OMGOSH I VOTED FOR BUSH, BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE GAY MARRIAGE. Oh my gosh, brb, the FBI just busted through my windows cause they saw me typing this. Why don't people leave the US if they don't like it? Don't take what you have got and abuse it.

Umm, I'm not American, but anyways.....

im not talkin about the election, the candidates, or the election, i'm talkin about what you wrote. U said u want to stop gay ppl from being married so that u can show them the gosple of Jesus. That is forcing your values and beleifs on them

ok listen, you live in Germany so why do you care? I never meant it like that. I don't want gays to be able to get married, but not because that is my religious beliefs. I am not a homophobe either. I just morally think it is wrong. Anyway, I am watching anime... Ja

Belgium... ;)

BamaFan2989 said:
ok listen, you live in Germany so why do you care? I never meant it like that. I don't want gays to be able to get married, but not because that is my religious beliefs. I am not a homophobe either. I just morally think it is wrong. Anyway, I am watching anime... Ja
You're just too young to understand, when I was your age I thought like a ***** too...in time you'll know that the stuff u posted is wrong ;)...as for now, I think u shouldn't be participating in this conversation as u clearly don't know anything about the topic, or put something valuable to the forum...oh yeah btw...it's Belgium indeed as Kirei said..not Germany...didn't study your geography good enough I guess :? Anyways...be a little more open for things...don't just condemn thing cause ya pops says gays are bad, or can't marry...America should be a land of free speech, AND opinion !!!So far it has proven the oposite to me..guess Europe is a little bit better in that department n?? As for America being of Economic value...don't think much of that...without Europe America would be helpless as a puppy...last point, Bush won because 911, he sucks up to the people about him getting the terrorists...but instead he captured Saddam...who doesn't have anything to do with 911...and wasn't on the TERRORIST list actually...he's just a big scam and he'll get what he deserves for fooling the american people...the majority of america thinksbig of Bush because he captured Saddam ?? Then tell me, why isn't Bin Laden captured??with allllll the high tech stuff and army the americans got...still couldn't find 1 puny human on the planet??

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's hard to be objective here, but stop with the personal attacks, ok? Take it to another thread. We can call it, "Your stupid, no I'm not, you are."

I was just about to post, I got to thinking. I am sorry about being a *****, because we all act that way when it comes to this stuff. If you were from US I wouldn't definitely say that's not cool. But we do need to chill. I never mean to harshly offend everyone. Im a debate you have to sorta get on a person's bad side. So thanks for talking about it though. If you want to talk about it more just email me.... It's in my sig!

Ja

In a debate, you never have to get on the other person's bad side. The point to a debate is to discuss and issue from various viewpoints. If that can not be done without resorting to hyperbole or name-calling then it's not a debate - it's just a flamefest. Those can be fun too, but too many times people take things seriously.

I think most people are guilty of getting a little too emotional about things we care a lot about. When we get really emotional we often say things we really don't mean.

Everyone should either try to be civil or try hard to refrain from posting at all - unless the point of the thread is to be a butthead.

This post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Most of us are guilty of saying stupid things.

I understand about what you guys say when you talk about freedom of choice. One reason I am finding out that I like Bush, is because he was better. Let me explain... I thought I was voting for Bush because I like all of his stuff. But, when I got to it, there is some I don't like. You know what? Maybe he can give you the freedoms to gay marriage and abortion, but I really don't like it. But, if freedom is what you want, have it. The USA needs to be much much more unified. It makes me mad when people post maps of Jesus Land and United States of Canada. That would be like me posting a map that had the north as "People Goint To Hell" and the south as "The Only United Part of The States." So, personal attacks really arent' needed. What do they serve?

Bush won because 911, he sucks up to the people about him getting the terrorists...but instead he captured Saddam...who doesn't have anything to do with 911...and wasn't on the TERRORIST list actually...he's just a big scam and he'll get what he deserves for fooling the american people...the majority of america thinksbig of Bush because he captured Saddam ?? Then tell me, why isn't Bin Laden captured??with allllll the high tech stuff and army the americans got...still couldn't find 1 puny human on the planet??
I've never heard or read anyone who said they voted for Bush because he captured Saddam or infiltrated any terrorist network for that matter. Many, many people disagreed with the president on one or all issues (opposing the war, disapprove how he handled the economy, fear of conservative Supreme Court justices) and still admired him for strong leadership and integrity -- ie doing what he thought was right regardless of public opinion, keeping the country together after tragedy and acting decisively in the face of strong opposition -- those are the things that actually gave Bush the slight edge he needed to pull it off, not the international issues Europeans tend to think they understand so well. :blush:

Bamafan, it wasn't a personal attack on you, it was satire meant to be humorous. If I wanted to attack you personally I would take something you wrote and proceed.

Contrary to popular belief, criticism is welcome here, as long as it's civil. If you want to post a map like the one you mentioned, you are free to do so.

Yea, whatever, that would be just like you guys. Ok since it's civil, Europeans and people don't worry about it if it's not your country. Was that to mean?

I've noticed that satire and irony don't come across the same way on a forum and it's almost likely that people will misunderstand you and take offense.

Bamafan-

Have you explored why gay marriage offends you? After all there are a lot of sins and Christian issues that don't generate emotional responses or legislation. If we really want people to believe in God and want to use laws to do it, why don't we just repeal the first amendment? Cut to the chase, why aren't laws outlawing adultery, greed, sloth, avarice, and lust being proposed? Aren't these sins at least as serious as gay marriage? Where should we draw the line in legislating our morality?

Elizabeth said:
I've never heard or read anyone who said they voted for Bush because he captured Saddam or infiltrated any terrorist network for that matter. Many, many people disagreed with the president on one or all issues (opposing the war, disapprove how he handled the economy, fear of conservative Supreme Court justices) and still admired him for strong leadership and integrity -- ie doing what he thought was right regardless of public opinion, keeping the country together after tragedy and acting decisively in the face of strong opposition -- those are the things that actually gave Bush the slight edge he needed to pull it off, not the international issues Europeans tend to think they understand so well. :blush:
It's not that you didn't see them, or read about it, it didn't/does happen....911 played a huge role in Bushes policy...and even if I'm European...there are loads more of Americans who know nothing about the topic or even have the slightest idea what the war is about...so I don't think what u said makes sense...you don't have to be american to understnad what's going on ;) that's how americans are..They think cause it's about America...no one else knows about it, or doesn't know better than the Americans...(don't want to be rude but it's that way). Also the majority seemed to vote for Bush...he is good at winning people for his cause by using GOD....there is what the majority believes in...without GOD bush would have less votes.He actually said in a speech that Kerry isn't religious, after that we saw a lot of ppl voting for Bush, cause he used that against Kerry...and knew the Americans would be a ****** for the God thing(this is one points of the many he used)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy Swaggart said, "I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain: if anyone ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died."

About never seeing a man he wants to marry- How hard did he look?

About "if anyone ever looks at me like that..."- I really don't think he has much to worry about. (male or female)

sabro said:
About "if anyone ever looks at me like that..."- I really don't think he has much to worry about. (male or female)

:D You've got a point.

Ok, guys case closed, I hate typing. For all I care, we can say you are right I am wrong, I just hate debating over a topic that seems so useless. Kirei... Don't ever say anything like "Real Christian like, huh?" When you are not a Christian. You don't understand anything about it.

This thread has been viewed 3112 times.

Back