The Trial of the Century-Depp v Heard

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
I'm not the one to coin it that, but I agree.

Watched it gavel to gavel even if it meant losing lots of sleep. Satisfied me because of the verdict, where both justice and fairness were satisfied, but also because it reminded me of why I became a lawyer in the first place. Great fun, as well, playing the I Object game with the attorneys, well, Depp's, because Heard's usually didn't know what they were doing.

Also a delight because of the master class in cross-examination given by Camille Vasquez. What a role model for young women.

For anyone who cares to see it done brilliantly, here is part of the cross-examination:

Her cross on rebuttal is brutal; she went for the throat from the first question and didn't stop until she had presented to the jury the lying, scheming, vicious woman under the facade.

Last edited:
IDGAF about celebrities but I do think that they as well as politicians and mass media should be sued more often for defamation. Now I do know that you need to prove malice in our legal system but for me perversion of the truth for political or profit reasons is malice. For example:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-election-threats-georgia/

Trump and Guliani should be sued out of existence for the pain and suffering they caused these two women and countless other poll workers that have been threatened and harassed.

I'm not the one to coin it that, but I agree.

Watched it gavel to gavel even if it meant losing lots of sleep. Satisfied me because of the verdict, where both justice and fairness were satisfied, but also because it reminded me of why I became a lawyer in the first place. Great fun, as well, playing the I Object game with the attorneys, well, Depp's, because Heard's usually didn't know what they were doing.

Also a delight because of the master class in cross-examination given by Camille Vasquez. What a role model for young women.

For anyone who cares to see it done brilliantly, here is part of the cross-examination:

Her cross on rebuttal is brutal; she went for the throat from the first question and didn't stop until she had presented to the jury the lying, scheming, vicious woman under the facade.

I've seen bits and pieces of the trial here and there. As someone who has no background in the field but has followed trials of 90s war criminals due to family history, I found the trial very instructive and exciting. I was also captivated, not only during this particular cross-examination, by the eloquent lawyer and speaker who I believe Camille Vasquez indeed is. I also felt that the verdict was fair and just, one thing’s for sure, it was a satisfying ending to a rollercoaster of emotions.

This thread has been viewed 303 times.

Back