Population genomics of post-glacial western Eurasia

bicicleur 2

Reaction score

The broad lines are already known for a decade, but the resolution becomes higher and higher.
It is also becoming increasingly difficult to absorb the vast amount of information.

IMG_1714.jpeg

Maps showing networks of highest IBD sharing (top 10 highest sharing per individual) during different time periods for 579 imputed genomes predating 3,000 cal. BP and located in the geographical region shown. Shading and thickness of lines are scaled to represent the amount of IBD shared between two individuals. In the earliest periods, sharing networks exhibit strong links within relatively narrow geographical regions, representing predominantly close genetic ties between small HG communities, and rarely crossing the East–West divide extending from the Baltic to the Black Sea. From around 9,000 cal. BP onwards, a more extensive network with weaker individual ties appears in the south, linking Anatolia to the rest of Europe, as early Neolithic farmer communities spread across the continent. The period 7,000–5,000 cal. BP shows more connected subnetworks of western European and eastern/northern European Neolithic farmers, while locally connected networks of HG communities prevail on the eastern side of the divide. From c. 5,000 BP onwards the divide finally collapses, and continental-wide genetic relatedness unifies large parts of western Eurasia.

Joining the y-adn data of R1b individuals with this genetic relatedness is very illustrative, as you can see in the figure. The most ancient R-L754 data are Villabruna in Italy (-12071 BC), VLASA32 in Serbia (-7655 BC) and I4081 in Romania (-7411 BC). All individuals can be considered enclosed in the same zone of consanguinity, roughly center and west Europe. There is another more recent individual in the other side of the East-West divide from the Baltic to the Black Sea.

Attachments

• fig1.jpg
    fig1.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
When we add the most ancient R-P297* individual, I4630 in Latvia (-7268 BC), we observe that it is included in a larger relatedness zone (-7000 to -5000 BC, approx.) extending to all Europe. There is another more recent R-P297 individual in this zone and another one in an Asiatic zone with less probable consanguinity.

Attachments

• fig2.jpg
    fig2.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 34
According to the genetic relatedness during -5000 to -3000 BC, Europe is divided again in two zones. If we plot the R-M269 individuals, the most ancient individual is I2181 in Bulgaria (-4508 BC) with 26% of ANE admixture, which can be considered in the central-west Europe zone by proximity. The next R-M269 appearance is ATP3 in Spain (-3447 BC) with 12.7% of ANE admixture, in the same genetic relatedness zone. The other individual is in a separated eastern Europe zone.

Attachments

• fig3.jpg
    fig3.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 31
These results are consistent with the emergence of R-P312 individuals in -2673 to -2300 BC, Late Chalcolithic/Bronze Age, in central-west Europe.

Attachments

• fig4.jpg
    fig4.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 38
When we add the most ancient R-P297* individual, I4630 in Latvia (-7268 BC), we observe that it is included in a larger relatedness zone (-7000 to -5000 BC, approx.) extending to all Europe. There is another more recent R-P297 individual in this zone and another one in an Asiatic zone with less probable consanguinity.
we have R-P297 and its subclade R-Y13200 during the mesolithic in the area between the Baltic and Khvalynsk, but R-M269 is absent till the expansion of the Indo-Europeans

we have R-P297 and its subclade R-Y13200 during the mesolithic in the area between the Baltic and Khvalynsk, but R-M269 is absent till the expansion of the Indo-Europeans
Thank you for your comment, bicycleur 2. I am assuming the Genetiker result of R-M269 for ATP3 in Atapuerca. Is not valid that information?

Olympus Mons wrote in the thread Iberian Neolithic M269?:

It just has been published … by Sergey Malyshev.
(https://kumbarov.com/ht35/R1b_xP312xU106_V.38.1.pdf)

I don’t really know them, don’t know how credible this things are. However two things are remarkable.
a. They, like Genetiker, put ATP3 as M269 and,
c. Atp3 in north Spain 3400-3100 bc in the most remote southwestern point of Europe.

Then, I visited the Genetiker site and confirmed the note. If it is not correct, could you give me a more reliable reference?
Thank you.

Olympus Mons wrote in the thread Iberian Neolithic M269?:

It just has been published … by Sergey Malyshev.
(https://kumbarov.com/ht35/R1b_xP312xU106_V.38.1.pdf)

I don’t really know them, don’t know how credible this things are. However two things are remarkable.
a. They, like Genetiker, put ATP3 as M269 and,
c. Atp3 in north Spain 3400-3100 bc in the most remote southwestern point of Europe.

Then, I visited the Genetiker site and confirmed the note. If it is not correct, could you give me a more reliable reference?
Thank you.
I don't know whether this is reliable or not. Anyway, if correct, it is an individual who went far astray. The internet link you gave above is not correct, it results in an error.

Thank you for your response, bicicleur. Therefore, we can evaluate these results with two hypothesis, 1. ATP3 is not R-M269 and 2. ATP3 is R-M269, went far astray. With respect to the link, it was in the post of Olympus Mons which I cited. This is the Genetiker link stating ATP3 is R1b1a1a2-M269

Thx, I've seen these calls earlier. It is possible, I don't know.
Afaik there are no other R-M269 identified in pré-beaker Iberia, or even western Europe for that mattter.
R-M269 expansion coincides with that of non-Anatolian Indo-Europeans and they would have experienced a bottle neck during the arid and cold climate period on the Pontic steppe.

F6.large.jpg

In the paper we can read:
By contrast, later individuals from northern Iberia were more similar to HGs from southeastern Europe, deriving around 30–40% of their ancestry from a source related to HGs from the Balkans in more proximate models ... The earliest evidence for this gene flow was observed in a Mesolithic individual from El Mazo, Spain (NEO646) who was dated, calibrated and reservoir-corrected to around 8,200 BP
An influx of southeastern European HG-related ancestry in Ukrainian individuals after the Mesolithic (Extended Data Fig. 4a and Supplementary Data 12) suggests a similar eastward expansion in southeastern Europe.

These results document genetic contact between populations from the Caucasus and the steppe region that is much earlier than previously known, providing evidence of admixture before the advent of later nomadic steppe cultures—in contrast with recent hypotheses—and further to the west than has been previously reported.

In the paper we can read:
By contrast, later individuals from northern Iberia were more similar to HGs from southeastern Europe, deriving around 30–40% of their ancestry from a source related to HGs from the Balkans in more proximate models ... The earliest evidence for this gene flow was observed in a Mesolithic individual from El Mazo, Spain (NEO646) who was dated, calibrated and reservoir-corrected to around 8,200 BP
An influx of southeastern European HG-related ancestry in Ukrainian individuals after the Mesolithic (Extended Data Fig. 4a and Supplementary Data 12) suggests a similar eastward expansion in southeastern Europe.

These results document genetic contact between populations from the Caucasus and the steppe region that is much earlier than previously known, providing evidence of admixture before the advent of later nomadic steppe cultures—in contrast with recent hypotheses—and further to the west than has been previously reported.
Check this :

The Genetic Origin of the Indo-Europeans​

The Urkainian Neolithic hunter gatherers (UNHG) represent the eastward expansion of the Balkan HG.
You can find their Y DNA in the online tables.
They are all I-S2555* or sublcades of I-CTS10057 and R-V2219.

This thread has been viewed 1157 times.

Back